Published On: Sun, Apr 15th, 2018

WPP: Sir Martin Sorrell awaits the results of the investigation | City & Business | Finance


The tycoon, who built WPP into the world’s largest advertising agency, strenuously denies claims of misconduct and of misusing company funds.

He has had no role in the investigation and continues to carry out his day-to-day duties, including preparing for its first-quarter trading update, due on April 30.

Sources familiar with the situation said that the outcome of the investigation, which is being carried out by US law firm WilmerHale for WPP chairman Roberto Quarta, will be available by the end of the week.

Sorrell is being defended by heavy hitting law firms Lewis Silkin and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan.

Sorrell appears still to have the support of the firm’s rank and file.

According to the employee reviews and feedback website Glassdoor, he has a 92 per cent approval rating. He is understood to be keen for the matter to be concluded quickly.

When the news of the investigation broke earlier this month, he said: “As a significant share owner, my commitment to the company, which I founded over 30 years ago, remains absolute.”



Source link

Most Popular News